About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, PA, United States
"I'm a renegade, never been afraid to say what's on my mind at any given time of day"

My Loyal Readers

Facebook Badge

Saturday, June 20, 2009

I am not an E-Gangsta or an iTHUG

1st off let me get something established I can't stand internet or E-gangstas and iThugs and the reason 4 this blog is because I was inspired by a story I read as well as some of the things I see people do & say on such places as Twitter or JBTV (Joe Budden TV). If you hide behind a keyboard and talk shit you are straight corny & a fucking sucker. Most people that fall in this category had no friends in high school, they werent popular, probably got ridiculed on a daily basis so they come online behind the power of their keyboards and distance they may have with someone else & they take that and run with it. Behind the safety of a PC or a Macbook heads think they can just talk reckless to any and everyone they come across until they come in contact with some real mutherfuckers who are more than willing to test your credibility. I am not built like that, wasn't raised under those principles, i was born and raised in Plainfield, NJ (primarily on 6th street) no it wasn't the the toughest place to live & grow up but it damn sure wasn't the easiest either BELIEVE ME (look it up if you think im lying) I also spent many years & many summers with my father out in Newark, NJ at Seth Boyden Housing Projects off of Frelinghuysen Ave near Weequahic Park and I am not glorifying that life but this is to say that nothing I say is fabricated or false and I know where I am from and what can happen thus why I never take it there online. I've seen people shot, been shot at just because I was standing with someone that was involved in a beef so I am all about real life shit not imaginary thug shit. People think cause they listen to a few Pac albums or cause they own a hoodie & some Timbs that they are thugs...slang doesn't make you a gangsta, talking loud doesnt make you a gangsta or tough. Im not a thug but I was raised in an environment where if you talk shit a nigga gonna approach you on it face to face on some shit when you gotta prove your knuckle game is nice or you have 2 pull that piece out from the waistband but either way your shit was gonna get tested. I am about nothing but positivity on Twitter & in my regular day to day life but I am not about the bullshit so please tread a fine line when speaking 2 me with any type of aggression or any degrading comments. I am that way because I have to be, because I know what can happen if I allow myself to lose control of a situation and revert back to what I knew & saw practiced in & around me growing up. Keep in mind yall im not talking or acting "tough" nor am I speaking for anyone else i am just tellin you how I am, I am not the internet gangsta I will not argue with you over no silly shit and if I feel disrespected and things need to be handled there isn't a word I could type to truly express what or how I feel but I will at that point extend an olive branch to you for a face to face chat to discuss whatever issue it is that you may have. Some call it crazy I call it normal, because taken out of my comfort zone (which is positivity) i must become whatever it is that you are turning me into. So again I stress be very careful on the things you say to not only myself but to the array of people online because you have no idea what someone is capable of, addresses can be looked up easily with the click of a button online, people can find out where you work, where your mother shops, kids go to school at so be careful before you go out there trying to be a "thug" because one day you may come across a real one and you will be the next lead story on the local news because it's all fun & games till someone is at your door with something shiny pointed in your face. So let's keep it positive and if you can't just don't say nothing, and please don't pull me out of my positive zone because as I stated I don't handle beef with a keyboard or on an iPhone (bad boys move in silence...and with black gloves), thank you.

And always remember what Mos Def said in that "What's Beef" song: "Beef is when a gangsta aint doing it right and other gangstas done decided what to do with his life"

2 comments:

  1. You went in on this one dude! Real talk! I've never understood all this eThug shit myself. If that's not who you are in real life, why fabricate a lie?! I only talk shit to people I know can't whip my ass (lol). My personality on Twitter, Facebook, etc., is who I am in real life. I speak the truth in real life, I speak the truth online. I don't need to fake who I am because I already know who I am, and if no one likes it, oh well. I was born into this world alone, and I will leave this world alone.

    Cats crack me up with this internet hardness shit. Be real with yaself for a chance. It's just like ppl who were wankstas back home and wanna come to college to be hard. There's no thugs in college you fucking idiot! Back home u would be getting bitched, so STFU.

    Anyway, my rant is over. Good shit on the post Dwight. As always, REAL TALK!

    Q

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let em know. They trying to portray what they see on television and what they hear in the music. They Oscars and Grammys. But don't let them pull you from your zone. Stay up fam.

    ReplyDelete