About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, PA, United States
"I'm a renegade, never been afraid to say what's on my mind at any given time of day"

My Loyal Readers

Facebook Badge

Monday, June 1, 2009

King's Lack Of Sportsmanship

This is why the whole issue of him not shaking hands was not right, because there is a thing called sportsmanship...this is the same guy that dances and shit with his teammates when they blow people out, the same guy that is on the sidelines laughing and making faces when opposing players get dunked on and etc. NO PASS for this, stop making feeble excuses. Funny shit is people always want to call Kobe an asshole but after Kobe & the Lakers got wrecked last year in the Finals & what did Kobe do...hug Doc Rivers, Pierce, Garnett, stayed around and let confetti & shit fall on his face so he could say good game, he stood at the press conference clearly upset but he did it, he faced it. Lebron should be mad at the 4 points in the 4th quarter that he scored...speaking of which here is his quote:

"It's hard for me to congratulate somebody after you just lose to them," he said. "I'm a winner. It's not being a poor sport or anything like that. If somebody beats you up, you're not going to congratulate them. That doesn't make sense to me. I'm a competitor. That's what I do. It doesn't make sense for me to go over and shake somebody's hand."

There is a difference in being a competitor and being a poor sport, clearly he is the latter...

This whole Lebron thing will blow over of course & even myself who is being super critical right now will forgive him for it just as I have done others BUT TODAY IS NOT THAT DAY. Be a man Lebron admit defeat, your team was outplayed, out coached, out worked, out hustled, and any other OUT you can think of. He is a great player, PHENOMENAL player but I cant condone that behavior no matter how upset he was, if my son did that I would have got in his ass (PAUSE) because thats not how you do it...sure athletes are not role models but is that the image you want to portray to all these kids that watch your every move, i guess its only good for them 2 see you clowning on the sidelines during a blowout but not when you have to show characteristics of being a man & a stand up dude. I am critical of many things & he has been no exception throughout these playoffs if any of you remember some of my tweets on Twitter but I always have good reason & because I dont see things like many of you do, im not caught in the Matrix aka the media system of being told whats good & whats not. He was wrong dont take up for him, you call Kobe an asshole, say he is arrogant, & selfish well Lebron's actions from saturday night are just that...Selfish & Arrogant. I play Madden & firmly believe I am a good player & one of the best of anybody I have played but if I lose I will congratulate the other man, I will say good game but imma get you next time, not throw my controller down storm out the house and pull off in my car, that would make me look like a baby. This just shows me Lebron has a little bitchassness in him and he needs to fix that...say what you want about Kobe but I have that memory of last year etched into my head from when the Lakers lost to the Celtics & that Kobe was on the sideline, stone faced, but he went and congratulated each and every one of the Celtics down to the equipment guy...he let confetti & streamers fall all over & around him...he went to the press conference and faced the media with an angry yet determined look on his face, determination to not suffer defeat like that again and work to get back there next year & the proof is in the pudding as he will be playing in the Finals this week, but the one thing about all that i just said is he did all this and he ALREADY HAS 3 RINGS, he could just coast it out for the rest of his career and rack up all the numbers to be the greatest STAT in league history but he doesnt, he just keeps staying focused on winning and that Lebron "King" James (and also anyone reading this saying Kobe sucks & Lebron is the best) is the definition of a winner, of a competitor, of a champion.

I again say these are my thoughts & opinions, like em or not I dont give a fuck...told you im an asshole when it comes to sports....1

1 comment:

  1. One must wonder how he is still in the position that he's at. I can't believe he's still a figure but it shouldn't surprise me that his attitude is so far from what it should've been. He's beginning to turn into the one face that everyone knew that is deep inside of him. I personally think now he'll never over throw Jordan, Magic, Bird, even Shaq, Kobe and even Barkley. This is going to drive him into a Ron Artest type of downward spiral.

    ReplyDelete