About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, PA, United States
"I'm a renegade, never been afraid to say what's on my mind at any given time of day"

My Loyal Readers

Facebook Badge

Sunday, April 4, 2010

"McNabb Traded To Redskins" (Dummy move of the year by the Eagles)

So let's 1st get the news out of the way, Philadelphia Eagles QB Donovan McNabb was traded to the Washington Redskins for a 2nd Round pick (Pick #37) in this year's NFL Draft and either a 3rd or a 4th rounder in next year's and all I am left with is.....HUH???? (keep in mind I am in no way, shape, or form a Philadelphia Eagles or Washington Redskins fan I just actually kinda like Donovan McNabb and these are just the ways that I feel)

This has to by far be the dummy move of the offseason every year there are a few but this one by far tops any this offseason. Okay I see the trade was needed after all the behind the scenes talk, the contract situation, the current QB situation etc but to trade him to a division rival, wait excuse me a HATED division rival is just retarded. Now you will have to face him twice a season and if you think for one minute he isnt coming to show yall up you are sadly mistaken. McNabb is a good QB regardless of the labels he carries such as "he can't win the big games" and "he doesn't have the heart of a champion" I mean the beat writers that say and start this stuff up are about as idiodic as the people that believe it. Classic case of the QB gets too much credit and too much blame...maybe the blame should be placed at Andy Reid's feet with his pedestrian offensive gamecalling and planning I mean the team throws much more than they run and I guess it's also McNabb's fault during all those times the past few seasons when the Eagles had like 3rd and 1 or 2 and couldn't get the yardage because the team isn't constructed to be a bang it inside and get the tough yards type of team.

This move is actually great in my eyes but only great for the Skins and McNabb himself. Personally I am so happy to see him get out of this city because they never appreciated him and what he was able to do as a QB, I mean they boo'd the guy to no end the night he was drafted...steadily ridicule and shit on him when the team doesn't do good but it shouldn't come as a surprise they do that to all of their teams out here in Philadelphia which is the reason why I hate their sports out here so very much. The moves made by Philly this offseason have been questionable at best but this one takes the cake I mean trading Donovan McNabb to a division rival and the Skins of all teams, I mean isn't it like an unwritten rule that you never trade a good player to your division rivals and in some instances not even your conference foes, SMH.

So no McNabb, no Westbrook (which his departure is a little more understandable) and now you turn your team over to Kevin Kolb??? Honestly people do you really think he is going to be "BETTER" than McNabb.....*holds up C'Mon Son sign and makes the Ed Lover face", I watch football religiously and I live in Philadelphia so unfortunately I have to suffer through Eagles games on a weekly basis (just because I love the game) and I have seen Kolb and nothing about him screams out this guy is ready to dethrone McNabb and lead the Eagles to the promise land, they are better off letting Vick have the job but they really don't want him anymore either but they can't unload him cause his trade value isn't that high. But everyone is so high off Kolb and I can't figure out why, same thing with that kid out in Seattle now...Charlie Whitehurst, I mean I would throw a few ideas out there but thats a whole other talk show...lol

It sucks to see a guy like McNabb blamed for everything, even as recent as the playoff loss to Dallas, no way in the blue hell was that all his fault...I mean yes he did play kind of buns but come on son they had no answers for Dallas and basically got outcoached and I challenge anyone to tell me otherwise. McNabb doesn't play defense, he didn't miss tackles on Miles Austin and Felix Jones (yeah I remember if you McNabb haters have selective memories). All I am saying with this whole blog is be careful what you ask for because you just may get it. You ask for McNabb to be gone, well no you have your wish but the options behind him aren't that good in my opinion and now what's going to happen is this Kolb kid now has all this ADDED pressure (like there isn't already enough playing in Philly) less talent around him than Donovan had and you are going to all expect miracles that will never come to pass and next year around draft time the headline in the Philly papers will read "What QB will the Eagles pick in this year's draft?". Now I could be wrong but generally when it comes to sports I am not. I wish Donovan McNabb nothing but the best and much success with his new team, he can also help to groom Jason Campbell should Shanahan decided to keep the young dude who like McNabb has great talent but gets blamed waaaaaaay too much for subpar team play.

So  to both the Eagles and Redskins fans I wish both of your teams well this coming year and I will tell you all this much I will be watching the Eagles games this year just to see them fall on their faces, just to see the reactions of all the McNabb haters within the city of Philadelphia ESPECIALLY all those corny sportswriters half of which never know what in the flying fuck they are talking about. I will be paying extra close attention to the Eagles/Redskins games this season to watch McNabb demolish the Eagles, namely when the Skins come to Philly I may even have to get tickets to go see that game with a McNabb jersey on just for kicks...LMAO Again this is a dummy move by the Eagles yet great move for McNabb and the Skins, now Donovan can go somewhere where his talents will be appreciated, where his play and the heightened level of the teammates around him will be elevated and noticed, where he won't be boo'd when he is selected in the draft, where every newspaper and writer won't label him....Good Luck #5

2 comments:

  1. I like the post homie, a lot of good stuff is in here. As a Redskins fan I am happy we got Donovan, do I think he's going to be the saviour, no. But he doesn't have to be, we have Mike Shananhan as our head coach and likes to run the ball. That's why there is going to be a running back competition this year. I don't understand why Eagles fan wanted the man gone. He didn't have one of his best years last year, he didn't play that bad but didn't step up when he needed to. But now Philly just opened up a new can or worm and he about to go nuts. The man didn't want to go anywhere i'm sure he was going to play better this year and now he has to play so where esle. Crazy, philly fans aren't ever happy though. I'm actaully surprised he didn't get traded years ago.

    In Washington he will be welcomed and loved like a franchise QB. I'm sure he won't have great games all the time but like I said he won't have to. I think he will play better with the Redskins because he won't have to win games like he did in Philly. The Redskins r going to have a balanced attack. It's a great day to be a Redskins fan and i'm loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree man and i think that's the main reason why it's a good move for the Skins cause he doesn't have to carry the team anymore, kinda like McNair when he went to the Ravens a few years back, wasn't needed to be THAT guy like in Tenneessee but do enough to stabalize the offense. No he isn't going to have good games each and every week but I can say he will have more good than bad games this season and Shanahan will put the proper pieces in place, best part is now you don't have to use that 4th pick on a QB and can get the best player on the board!!!!

    ReplyDelete