About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, PA, United States
"I'm a renegade, never been afraid to say what's on my mind at any given time of day"

My Loyal Readers

Facebook Badge

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Special Guest Blogger: Reasy from "Stumbling & Rumblings"

Okay so I was going to go into this full detail and write this extensive blog about what I thought about Tyler Perry's new movie "Why Did I Get Married Too?" but after careful deliberation I decided against it because I already know most won't even get what I am trying to say and I also don't want a bunch of angry people running up on me cause they loved the movie. Was it a bad movie, naw it wasn't bad but it wasn't that good either and no where near as dope as the 1st one but that folks is just my opinion. I am going to leave this one to my homie Reasy and his blog http://threefoureighty.clipz-status.com/?p=725 because he pretty much summed up everything that I felt in regards to this movie so sit back and enjoy the read below:

SIDENOTE: I did notice how Tyler made the portrayal of the women with a very subliminal touch of trying to educate, many won't even understand where I am going with that, THUS the reason I am not writing a full review of my own as it would be a waste of both your time and mine

**WARNING** May Contain Spoilers


So Saturday morning, I went to the movies to see said movie in the poster. So whenever a movie that is geared towards black audiences, the theaters tend to be jammed packed. Fine. Make sure you all do this for other Black film makers as well. Now I saw the first one on bootleg and when I watched it, it was different from what we saw in his previous movies. But you can always tell when you’re watching a Tyler Perry by the simplicity of it. To me it seems as if he doesn’t want to push the envelope in his movies. The writing and character development could stand to improve greatly.

For example, Angela (Tasha Smith) and Marcus (Michael Jai White) exchange about “Why Did I Get Married” should have left on the cutting room floor. Angela’s character annoyed me throughout the movie. I know that her character was written to be outspoken but acting like a plum fool throughout the movie make me cringe while sitting there. Patricia (Janet Jackson) and Gavin (Malik Yoba) seemed as if they couldn’t get over their issues that was preventing their marriage from improving. Sheila (Jill Scott) and Troy (Lahman Rucker) were adjusting to life in Atlanta. Of course they had their issues and thing got crazy when Sheila’s ex Mike (Richard Jones) showed up at the beach house to everyone’s dismay. And last but not least Dianne (Sharon Leal) and Terry (Tyler Perry) is suffering from emotional disappointment.
Now I’ve said this over and over again, Perry’s movies seem rushed. And as I watch, it jumps from one point to the next without letting that particular area grow. The jokes in the movie are meh. A lot of the audience howled in laughter while I sat there like huh? That’s funny? Then the scenes where Janet Jackson said she had to go to a dark place proved so. The anger, rage and raw emotion showed that when you push a Black woman too far, the results aren’t always positive. And come on now, Patricia screaming “Fix it!!” will not solve issues. If that’s the case, the Easy Button that Staples advertise would fix a lot of things.

Overall, the movie was tolerable. It’s like you seen one Tyler Perry movie, you’ve seen them all. It came in 2nd this weekend, doing $30 million. So that’s not bad.  - Reasy

No comments:

Post a Comment