About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, PA, United States
"I'm a renegade, never been afraid to say what's on my mind at any given time of day"

My Loyal Readers

Facebook Badge

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Neo's Artist Spotlight - Pac Div













What's poppin yall i'm back at it again with a new little addition to my blogspot which will be entitled "Neo's Artist Spotlight" in which I will feature various artist, new and old. The newer artist will be featured as a means to help showcase some of the talent out there that may get overlooked by some people and that basically caught my ear and my attention, and the older artists that I feature will be more of a paying homage type of thing to help show where many of my musical influences came from.



The 1st edition of this series will showcase a group out of Cali called Pac Div or Pacific Division which consists of Mibbs, Like, and BeYoung. Currently signed to Universal/Motown these cats caught my attention when I 1st saw their video for "Mayor" on MTV Jams, initially I was like okay another decent song but I have to hear more but I liked what I heard and saw just in that video but then I caught wind of the video below for their song "Whiplash" and it was over for me from there...



Once I heard this song, I knew I was listening to some true hip hop cats because from the lyrics, delivery, concept, chorus and the video I just got into that good hip hop zone that I used to feel from back in the day. I downloaded a few more joints after that and my excitement about these cats just grew especially aftrer listening to this track "Act Like You Chillin" and I spent mad time just laughing cause they were kicking some dope shit on the song but it was in such a humorous way, peep....



Th main reason why I am feeling these cats so much is just because they represent what hip hop is SUPPOSED to be about, they also have a great respect for those that came before them which is beyond evident in their music and their videos. See the creativity of the musician shouldn't just stop in the booth but extend to the way they are portrayed in videos and Pac Div does an amazing job with their videos such as the one shot video for "Paper" as seen below and if you aren't exactly sure what I mean by "one shot" its just one continuous shot from the start to the ending of the video, very creative approach if you ask me...



I am a harsh critic when it comes to hip hop and music in general, but once I hear something that I like it doesn't take much for me to just lock all the way in with it as many of you know with how hard I rock for the young homie J. Cole (who will probably be the next featured artist on my blogspot). Pac Div brings something new to the game and truthfully speaking when was the last time we had a group and I mean an actual GROUP of 3 MC's who could all spit and all had enough of a uniqeness individually that it makes them that much better collectively. You can see the chemistry with these guys and you can hear it on the tracks and I respect that so much. They have a few mixtapes and an EP actually called "EP" available so get on your grind and google them because trust me you WILL NOT be disappointed. I will attach a few more songs/videos below beginning with the video that inspired me to write this blog "Women Problems" (this song is dope and the 2nd verse by the homie Like is just hilarious) and put the spotlight on these brothers, also I will put up a few links for places to find some further info about Pac Div. I hope that this blog will help get these cats some more shine at least with those within my circle and if you read this pass it along to a friend, then to another friend and maybe eventually it will make it's way back to them and they will see that all their efforts when they step inside of the booth are appreciated by true fans of hip hop...thank you Mibbs, Like & BeYoung (Pac Div) for the music and keep doing your thing...you got a fan out here in Philly, DUECES...









LINKS

http://www.myspace.com/pacdiv
http://itspacdiv.com/
http://www.twitter.com/itspacdiv
http://www.twitter.com/likepacdiv
http://www.twitter.com/mibbspacdiv
http://www.youtube.com/user/PacificDivision
http://www.facebook.com/pages/PAC-DIV/67567648672?v=wall&ref=search

ALBUMS


2 comments:

  1. Good shit homie .. I been meaning to check them out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn Wolf you are quite possibly my most loyal and faithful reader...thanks man that means a lot cause I put a lot of energy into my blogs, I don't want them to just be typical. But yeah man trust me Wolf these Pac Div cats are something nice man.

    ReplyDelete