About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, PA, United States
"I'm a renegade, never been afraid to say what's on my mind at any given time of day"

My Loyal Readers

Facebook Badge

Friday, July 2, 2010

40 Days Of Budden (#2)

#2 - Pray For Me
"I need yall to pray for me"

Next to last installment in the "40 Days Of Budden" blog series of mine and this is a great one in my personal opinion because this song as with the last 2 and the one to follow tomorrow reflect me almost to a tee. Pray for me for those not up on Joe's work is a song in which he is at the crossroads and facing his death and he has a chance to speak to the lord and this is a great back and forth conversation between the 2 parties. He asks many questions that I know I have had and I am sure many others have had even if they are too scared to actually admit it. The song is a great track from beginning to end and from the moment I heard it I realized the strength that it carried and have been in love with it from day one. Joe is again giving us raw emotion and truthful words/bars in this track and anyone that I know that has heard this simply has just been speechless at the song and it gives everyone that WOW moment and emotion. Typically the questions that he is asking we all feel but many of us will never even fix our mouths to ask said questions because we are scared to, we are scared to wonder WHY in life and that's something that I am never afraid to do, I have many questions and just like Joe in this song I would not be afraid to ask them. Even as I listen to this as I am writing this description it's just engulfing me in the track...I won't hold yall up any longer, do enjoy!!!

"you stand there and question a nigga that tries hard and finds a way when you keep dealing him fucked up cards...you make mistakes like me far as I can see I think it's a mockery whenever rich niggas win the lottery"

"See my child you need gratitude maybe just a sample, I never give a person anything that they can't handle...don't tell me bout everything you had to go through there is reasons for my actions even if I never showed you...kept trying with you all you did was hurt me still gave you chances to prove that you were worthy...and so I sat with you on the train, i asked you for change you kept calling me names"

"look i'm far from a Christian, not big on religion, but haven't done too much wrong my entire time of living...never killed never tried to though I been lied to, was once suicidal, never read the bible"

That last one was really deep to me because in all honesty if anyone wanted to know a lot about me this whole piece explains it perfect, I was raised as a Christian but I am not too big on the whole religion thing (personal reasons that I do not choose to discuss), I haven't really done a lot of wrong in my life, well one time I thought about killing someone but he was hurting my mother so I think many of us can understand that, been lied to on many levels, I was suicidal at a point in my life because I was weak...many people don;t know this and probably will be shocked to read it but it is true...and I have never read the Bible, just parts of it.

The next installment will probably be a video because not only will it be the ending of my "40 Days Of Budden" series but it will also be my 100th blog (purely coincidence that it happened that way, but what betetr way to celebrate my 100th blog than with one of my favorite MC's....tune in tomorrow for the series finale....

1 comment:

  1. Wow.. Cuzzo.. *scratches this off my list* I have a feeling what the last song will be. But Pray For Me.. Awww man don't let me get started on how I fucks with this track.. I was listening to this yesterday and thought I know this has to be in the Top 2.. No way he'd leave this gem out. But great selection on this one... Can't wait for #1.

    ReplyDelete