About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, PA, United States
"I'm a renegade, never been afraid to say what's on my mind at any given time of day"

My Loyal Readers

Facebook Badge

Saturday, July 10, 2010

The Talents Of Batman, But The Heart Of Robin

 
"He has the talents of Batman but the heart of Robin" - Author Unknown
 
These are the last things I will say about Lebron and that quote above that I saw someone write on this website (pastapadre.com) pretty much sum up exactly how I feel. I know half of yall are defending him but then again no matter what he does you always do and then you give him a pass damn near anytime he does something. I will say this, the move came as no and I repeat NO surprise to me because a lot of his previous moves as a pro and things he has said have indicated that this is exactly what he wanted to do all along, take the easy way out...here are some examples that stand out to me:
  • Subpar performances whenever a playoff series was on the line, such as the video from Game 6 against the Orlando Magic about a year ago (see below). He averaged 42.0 points a game up to that point then you get a lackluster second half where it looks like he checked it in, see for yourself...matter of fact we all saw it no need for me to even say that
 
  • Or this gem of a performance this past postseason, maybe he was hurt, maybe he wasn't, kinda similar to the above post isn't it...turnovers, missed shots down the stretch, notice a pattern here...who knows, well maybe Dan Gilbert
 
  • And if Lebron was was hurt as many say just remember MJ's pops was murdered one year, and he did this one below with the flu son...Mike would have never let his team go out like that
  • Next in that same game, at the end of the game against Orlando from 2009 he shakes no ones hand after getting mollywhopped and then goes on to say "It's hard for me to congratulate somebody after you just lose to them...I'm a winner. It's not being a poor sport or anything like that. If somebody beats you up, you're not going to congratulate them. That doesn't make sense to me. I'm a competitor. That's what I do. It doesn't make sense for me to go over and shake somebody's hand".....*cough* BULLSHIT *cough* C'mon Son this coming from someone who is the face of the NBA, meanwhile the man everyone loves to hate, Kobe, shakes hands after losses in playoff games and always does his press conferences...see my blog about that from right after it happened a year ago here http://mrallenakaneo.blogspot.com/2009/06/sportsmanship.html
  • Next up he is a so called fan of the Yankees, Cowboys, & "formerly" the Bulls, hmmmmmmmm I wonder why that is???

And here is another reason why I am so critical, everyone keeps saying he had no team around him well let's look at the Cavs records from the past 2 seasons (which happened to be tops in the league both times) SHALL WE......in 2009 they went 66-16 and in 2010 they went 61-21, yet you say he had no team, I am sure half the other guys int he league would love to have no team around them that produces 60 plus wins back to back times. See the problem with the whole no team around him logic and saying the Cavs did nothing to give him what he needed is bullshit and it needs to cease right now, I also blogged about that a year ago see here http://mrallenakaneo.blogspot.com/2009/06/lebron-has-no-team-around-him.html. They brought in guys EVERY YEAR since he has been there to help him from Mo Williams, to Antwan Jamison, to even Shaq. They shook that roster up time and time again to appease him and his needs, to give him complimentary players to attempt to succeed with. And let's be honest who were they going to get other wise, what other big names have been available the last 3 summers, I mean they were even going to try to get my boy Amare from the Suns but Shaq being there already probably botched that one. They had a team when they were showboating, Mo Williams was an all-star wasn't he, when Jamison came didn't ESPN and all these other outlets (including some of you *points my finger at the screen*) say that he is going to win the championship this year for sure??? Don't worry I'll wait..............*crickets* that's what I thought, he has chances in Cleveland and they probably could have easily won another 60 games this season if he would have returned but like I stated before he took the easy road, as this blog post is meant to illustrate....
(his epic landmark of a billboard being removed)

My heart goes out to the city of Cleveland, not for just basketball reasons like most probably think, but unlike the rest of the world, ya boy is not surprised.....*Lebron "whatever Cleveland" shoulder shrug*

No comments:

Post a Comment