About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, PA, United States
"I'm a renegade, never been afraid to say what's on my mind at any given time of day"

My Loyal Readers

Facebook Badge

Monday, July 5, 2010

Budden List Revisited (Guest Blogger - Cuzzo)

BEFORE WE BEGIN YOU CAN PEEP MY CUZZO'S BLOGS AT http://threefoureighty.clipz-status.com/
What’s good world. Well this blog post was inspired by Cuzzo Neo. So he just did a 40 Days of Joe Budden series on his blog and I must say it was quite impressive. But as with all lists, there were some cuts left off and with his blessing I’m providing bonus coverage. So here we go with just Ten Eleven Joe Budden Cuts. Oh yeah and this is in no particular order.

1. The Soul
If you follow me on twitter, you’ll see that I play this song a lot.

“So hard I flirted just to be all nervous
Wish she could see me now, I’m so perverted
I tell her “I’m so glad I found you.
Are you ready for round two? Or can I mount you?”
In old pics I used to look like a clown dude
When I had know idea what I’d amount to
A nigga used to be out of control
Man, I miss the good ol’ days, when we had soul”

2. Happy Holidays
I remember when Joey was doing a live stream of prepping Padded Room, he was recording this track. It’s a song talking about how he feels around others..

“Everybody is putting there mask on
Nigga I rock mine all year
Just to avoid stares
To come across like a nigga who cares
So to my peers I can look like I’m really sincere”

3. Addiction (Freestyle)

Joey’s spin on the Ryan Leslie track caught my attention right off the bat. And whenever I would quote lines from the songs, people would get offended.. Stop that.

“Was at the bar, thought she felt the aura
Figured if I buy her a drink, might could call her
She said “you from Jersey holmes, you not a baller”
I said “stop snapping bitch, you a New Yorker!”
You making offers, something like a stalker
She calls me to practice everything that you taught her
But if chick ever get out of order
You know I gotta off her, dead her, white chalk her, OH!”

4. Stuntin
I remember when this song dropped, Shanda (@ShandaTV) and I thought the best was getting ready to come from Joey. But it didn’t work out that way..

“I don’t babysit Ma, this aint daycare
I fly out tomorrow, what we do here stay’s here
Sport Range pulled up it’s no hate here
Deep Dishes White five fifty, I don’t play fair”

5. Things You Do
This is another Budden song that gets played daily. This track is talking about cheating in relationships.. Real shit..

“IT’S TWO THINGS CHEATING WILL DO…. TELL ME WE AIN’T MEANT TO BE OR MAKE ME JUST APPRECIATE U”

6. Sidetracked

This is another track that I fucks with off Halfway House. Through out the song, he’s on one train of thought and then he’ll switch to another. Let’s see your favorite rapper pull off a track like this.

“I’ve lost so many relationships
(Tell me) Is it, just because I don’t relate to shit?
Me I (me I) I hate ignorance so much
I’m prayin for niggaz that didn’t grow much
Maybe our whole generation was raised wrong
I’m only responsible for me, I gotta stay strong”

7. Def Jam Dis
Awww man.. When this hit the internet, he really vented his thoughts on how he was being used at Def Jam.

“Radio hates “Fire” nah they wont try it
But they love that Rah Digga song that sounds just like it
Wanna keep me under dog, Im the underdog
And they don’t want ya’ll to see up under the fog, so ya’ll
Tell every man in the hood
Gold album one single I’d say im doin hella damn good
Listen here Def Jam, are you deaf man?
Politics aside please don’t interject fam”

8. Pump It Up (New Verse)
Well remember when Shawn Carter snatched “Pump It Up” and wrecked it.. So Joey grabbed it back and added new lyrics..

“everybodys a killer but the deaths dont add up
everybodys a hustler but the money aint comin in”

9. Anything Goes
Another track that I digs off of Halfway House. This track is talking about life in a Joe Budden world..

“I’m just plotting my next step and my next breath
If you don’t do that in excess
It’s really no point, like TV’s in the backseats head-rest
Some niggas get spiteful or angry
Some niggas are prideful and it pains me
Our brain speed ain’t at the same speed
So I ain’t mad, don’t blame y’all, I blame me
Put a wall in my path, I’m just gonna knock it down or go through it
Before you try to knock that down, go through it
Try it and go do it, the folk in my world won’t look at you so stupid”

10. I Couldn’t Help It

Another Joe Budden track that spits that real shit. I’m still wondering who’s he’s talking about in the second verse.

“He has her on T.V. with their kids
I got her on the T.V. in her ribs”

11. All Of Me
Nothing can be said about this song… I mean he just goes in on this track. The whole song is filled with quotable lines.

“See I preach gratitude, she keeps an attitude
Argue long enough and that shit becomes laughable
My norm now since my heart is so natural
Wish I could dwell into all them niggas after you
So not compatible, that we compatible
Its nothin else in this worl that we would rather do
Anybody out there relate to my pain?
Turn the music up let me know that I’m sane”

So that’s the end of my list and it was fun doing it. Shout out again to my Cuzzo Neo for inspiring this post..

No comments:

Post a Comment