About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, PA, United States
"I'm a renegade, never been afraid to say what's on my mind at any given time of day"

My Loyal Readers

Facebook Badge

Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Grammys Can Miss Me

I just wanted to take a second to express my displeasure with the Grammys as a whole...I will not be watching the Grammys again this year (I rarely ever do) because I do not like that they do not show the world and culture of hiphop any love whatsoever. I mean hip hop generates millions of dollars on an annual basis, it is in commercials left and right, used as a means to even aid in many world events such as voting and even as recently as a means to spread awareness of the disaster that has come to Haiti. Hip Hop isn't just "gangsta" music, or mutherfuck this and that all the time it bears messages, hope, strength, etc that needs to be heard by many. I remember Jay-Z made a comment during his interview with Oprah (beginning at around the 4:45 mark on the video below) that hip hop has done more for racial relations than pretty much anything and he says "it's difficult to teach racism because racism is taught in the home...so it's difficult to teach that when someone idolizes a Jay-Z or a Kanye West, you know it's difficult to say that that person is less than you or different from you when you can relate to their music or struggle or when you are a fan of their music". All I am saying is it isn't fair, hip hop artist work hard and deserved to be recognized for their efforts just like the next artist, they should be able to come and sit amongst their peers, and be able to win an award in a room full of other great artists. All it gets though is a commercial break where they flash across the screen that so and so won hiphop/R&B album of the year and thats just wrong on so many levels especially considering that the 1st actual commercial to follow will probably be a car or McDonalds commercial using hip hop to sell their product. To me its just another form of segregation and it bothers me to no end that it is like that. So like I said on Facebook I will not recognize the talents of the likes of Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, Keith Urban, or anyone else until you recognize hip hop...so FUCK THE GRAMMYS!!!

PLUS....like my homie Prince aka my twin P just told me on Facebook which I forgot Drake is nominated for a Grammy off of a mixtape, I had totally forgot about that so good looks twin. But seriously come on Drake gets a Grammy nod for a mixtape, again I must say....FUCK THE GRAMMYS!!! You guys all just go ahead and enjoy and tune in just because Michael Jackson will be in 3-D doing the same stuff you been seeing for years, its just another way to capitalize on the man's passing, but I will not be joining in...I don't follow the herd of sheep...DUECES!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment