About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, PA, United States
"I'm a renegade, never been afraid to say what's on my mind at any given time of day"

My Loyal Readers

Facebook Badge

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Vince Young is the TRUE 2009 Comeback Player Of The Year


Let me 1st start this blog off by saying that I don't just feel the ways you are about to read just because I am a Titans fan, it is solely based on being a fan of football and the NFL, now that we got that out the way let us begin. So Tom Brady wins the NFL's Comeback Player Of The Year award and I have to ask myself this simple question....WHY??? What did Tom Brady do any different this year from the year prior to him getting injured, I mean he basically won the award because he got hurt and came back this year and was the same Tom Brady we all expected him to be considering he is throwing to 2 of the best WR's in football...Welker & Moss. He beats out the 2nd place guy, Cadillac Williams, who we all know about his history and he hadn't really played football for about 2 years...and the 3rd place finisher which is my boy Vince Young, who as its been documented had a pretty rough 2008, rough to the point of where people questioned if he would ever take another meaningful snap for the Titans or in the NFL period (not me though I always believed in VY).

So here is my beef with it all, as I stated Brady did what Brady was "EXPECTED" to do while Young came in after the team started 0-6 and lead them to a 8-8 record by seasons end missing the playoffs by about a game or so which is remarkable in itself especially in the AFC, becoming the 1st team in NFL history to start a season 0-6 and then win its next 5 games, and also the 1st team in NFL history to begin a season at 0-6 and finish with a record of .500 or better. He lead an amazing comeback against Arizona on the final drive with a TD pas to Kenny Britt on the very last play of the game (see video below), helped Chris Johnson reach the 2,000 yard mark for the season (done only by 5 other RB's EVER!!!), improved his passing in all areas (completion %, yards per pass, & limited his ints), gave the Titans offense its best statistical year well in years, showed the NFL that the option (with the right QB & RB) can be run at the NFL level with success, but most importantly he brought the team back from the dead and provided a much needed spark. Along the way he regained the confidence from his team, coaches, fans, and even many in the media that bashed him unmercifully especially Merril Hoge (who even said VY was playing good ball as of late). So again I ask what did Brady do to warrant being the Comeback Player Of The Year? Brady has enough shit and I think that the Associated Press just is in love with the Pats as is most of the liberal media and thats the worst part to this whole thing, I mean as much as I would have hated it I would have rather seen Brett Favre win the award not Brady. But again I firmly believe that Vince Young should have won the award and I ask you to find many that wouldn't agree with me on that. He showed that he has grown, changed, adapted, and learned how to be an NFL quarterback...but what we saw out of Brady is the same exact thing you will see next year so what's the big deal about his season and why does he win over Vince Young, Cedric Benson (who also deserved it, I wouldn't even have been mad if he or Cadillac got it over Vince), & others? Please watch the video below then proceed to the last paragraph and leave a comment if you choose...


No matter what Vince Young is the Comeback Player Of The Year in my eyes and again I am not just saying this as a Titans fan but as a fan of football in general. I believe he has had to endure much more with his career and future on the line if he didn't play well, and that's not to say that coming back off of a pretty bad knee injury (Brady) didnt require dedication and many things endured but come on man remember last year at this time and the way the talk was about Vince Young...fast forward to this season and today and ask yourself, shouldn't he have won the Comeback Player Of The Year???

No comments:

Post a Comment