About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, PA, United States
"I'm a renegade, never been afraid to say what's on my mind at any given time of day"

My Loyal Readers

Facebook Badge

Friday, January 29, 2010

Say What I Feel (A Poem By Me)

After listening to Joe Budden's new song "Downfall" I got some great inspiration to write so I decided to write a poem today because I was in a good emotional space earlier this morning and began to think about how my blogs, Facebook posts, or even just casual words in conversation may be viewed by those that haven't taken the proper amount of time to get to know why I think and feel the ways that I do...I hope this helps in the explanation:










Say What I Feel by Dwight James Allen aka Neo

I'm so sorry I cant be
everything each one of you
expect me to be
in my own skin im comfortable
and i am at home within myself
you may look at me & my actions
& even say that i need help
you may criticize what I say
you may fault the things i do
and I can only aplogize for one thing
and thats the niave nature within you
im honest with my emotions
and in touch with who I am
so when I feel a certain way I say it
i never try to hide the inner man
you can pass judgement off my words
and not agree with my ideas
but the honest reality is i have been
this way & will be for my remaining years
I say what some want to say or just
maybe wish that they could
I have the heart to be a standout
just as the rest of you should
life isnt about fitting in
we are all individuals in our own right
so dont get mad when you see me against
the system cause I was born to fight
I was raised to be different
to not gravitate towards the norm
I always stand by what I speak
& your thoughts will not change my form
this is not written out of anger
merely just my form of expression
take a look at me and understand beyond what you read
in my honest words and tactical aggression
bypass what you deem as negative
and listen to the word's inflection
dig deeper into the context & meaning
maybe change your narrow sense of direction
stop worrying about how you will be perceived
if you stand against public conception
so pay close attention, drop your guard
and lose your false sense of protection
because within my soul is a different kind of teacher
& you may just learn a valuable lesson

"I only say what I want you to hear, you'll only see what I want to show" - Joe Budden

3 comments:

  1. This is why we have such a strong connection. People like you and I are few and far between. People don't understand the nature of a person like you and I. This poem put things perfect perspective and many still won't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again thanks L'z for the energy...and im glad the words spoke not only for myself but you as well. I mean my brother in law is trying to break into the music biz and he has a song and he said this inspired him to write he even actually used a piece of the poem in the intro which was a complete honor to me...and the funniest part is I was inspired by Joe Budden's "Downfall" song, its crazy how things work.

    ReplyDelete