About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, PA, United States
"I'm a renegade, never been afraid to say what's on my mind at any given time of day"

My Loyal Readers

Facebook Badge

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

40 Days Of Budden (#40)

What's good people, we are taking a break from our regularly scheduled blogging to shine the light on one of my all time favorite MC's...Joe Budden, and in this new blog series titled "40 Days Of Budden" I will be highlighting & counting down 40 of my favorite Joe Budden songs. Initially it was going to be "30 Days Of Budden" but I honestly couldn't just squeeze in 30 joints, the list actually had 50 plus originally so it was hell just trying to narrow it down so I figured this is a good way to kick the summer off for all my faithful readers as well as those loyal Budden fans such as myself.

Joe is a fantastic MC and people don't really appreciate his genius so I am taking time out to show him and my fellow fans my own appreciation for his music and the time and energy he puts into making it. I have watched him actually make songs on JBTV.com as well as through his numerous live feeds so I have a deeper appreciation for what he does and this is just my way to show that love he shows to his fans right back. Joe Budden has always been (since he came onto the scene) and always will be in a direct tie for my all time favorite MC with Jay-Z, many have questioned how I can put him above other great MC's and I simply say "listen to his work". You either love him or hate him, personally I got nothing but love and respect for the homie especially since he reps for my homestate of New Jersey (JERSEY STAND UP!!!) and his music helps in a lot of ways...when I was going through tough times I threw on a Joe track and it helped, when I am in a funk emotionally or have a lot on my mind I slip into what I call my "Anti" state (as my friends on Facebook know) and just zone out to his music, can't say I can do that with many other MC's. I also quote his music a lot and if you aren't familiar with it a lot of the songs I will use in the countdown is where I got the inspiration for such quotes.

So Joe if you happen to catch wind of this big homie this blog series for the next 40 days is for you, I know you always have bloggers trying to tear you down but not over here, keep doing your thing because you have a loyal following and we will continue to support you. Good luck with the Shady deal, and big ups to the whole Slaughterhouse movement (props to Crook, Joell, and the big homie Royce). And I know I speak on behalf of many people and other fellow fans (such as my peoples L'z aka Larion, Skep, Shanda, Willis, Bryan, Wolf, Jam, Dill, Skeeno as well as my wife) when I say THANK YOU.

#40 - 40 Licks
I picked this one because from the time the beat drops until it fades it is just a phenomenal piece of work and the bars Joe spit are just epic and very truthful as are all his lyrics...ex: "where's the answer, don't ask for a cig, i'm so self centered I won't even share this cancer"

NOTE: all the new blogs will be posted at midnight the next day

2 comments:

  1. You starting off with a bang!! Great selection cuzzo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good looks man, trying to keep it fresh man, had so many to choose from, but the shit is really gonn heat up the further into the blog we go

    ReplyDelete