About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, PA, United States
"I'm a renegade, never been afraid to say what's on my mind at any given time of day"

My Loyal Readers

Facebook Badge

Monday, May 31, 2010

40 Days Of Budden (#34)

#34 - Ma Ma Ma feat. 112

I know a lot of cats maybe weren't feeling Joe when he was on songs of this nature but again it shows the diversity and range that a GREAT MC needs to have and he has an abundance of it. This song was so bananas off that 1st album "Joe Budden" and I remember I was living in Atlanta at the time and me and my dudes used to ride out listening to this, it was like our "just got the cars washed" joint. The lyrics were dope (he dropped some classic ones peep below) and then once Joe said "you gotta go to the car wash on this one.....don't just get the exterior joint neither, you need the the THE WORKS the $30 joint and you need to get the little tree to put up on the rear view so it's smelling nice and sexy inside" once I heard that part I knew that was the official nice day anthem & since it's Memorial Day when you are on your way to that cookout knock this in your whip with all he windows down and the sunroof open, don't forget to hit that car wash 1st though!!!

"imma let the world see, other boos can't relate...let you walk in front make the other dudes hate"

"i'm tired of trickin, i'm tired of pigeons...need a house with acres to put my wife and kids in"

"when them other cats call you TURN YOUR PHONE OFF...new school your neck take that herringbone off"

2 comments:

  1. One thing that I enjoy about Joey (and you spoke on this in previous posts) is his range and subject matter. He's not afraid to say that he wants to settle down in the long run. A lot of people give him shit but in my eyes he makes consistent music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Cuzzo I totally agree man he makes very consistent music and if he had stayed major I am sure he would have been the next one in line but I don't think they really knew or understand how to market him and that would have been to just let Joe Budden BE JOE BUDDEN!!!

    ReplyDelete