About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, PA, United States
"I'm a renegade, never been afraid to say what's on my mind at any given time of day"

My Loyal Readers

Facebook Badge

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Happy Born Day Malcolm X

I just wanted to show some love to perhaps one of my favorite people in history on his born day because I highly doubt that tv, radio, Twitter, Facebook, etc will show any kind of love to the big homie. But this is just a blog that I am going to fill with some amazing videos of speeches and clips of Malcolm X. I learned about him as a kid when my grandfather (as well as my father and Uncle Chris also telling me about him) was showing me a lot of those "Eyes On The Prize" videos and they mentioned him and then I found this book laying around the house called "Remembering Malcolm", now I am not a huge reader but even as a kid this book resonated with me. Then once I saw the Spike Lee movie "X" it really opened me up to Malcolm and the many parts of him because I didn't really understand fully the extent of his genius, passion, heart, or intelligence. I hope that these videos give you all something to think about, now while I may not have always agreed with EVERYTHING he said (we don't always see eye to eye with everyone) but I always understood and respected his stance...please enjoy the clips











and one of the best actors of our generation (Denzel Washington) played a perfect portrayal of Malcolm X, and this scene damn near made me stand up in the theatre

2 comments:

  1. If Malcolm was alive today, he would be hurt at the way our people are acting. I asked today on Twitter, if schools required reading of "The Autobiography Of Malcolm X" because I had to read it in the 11th grade. Most of the responses were either No or their school hardly spoke on it. It's just crazy how schools don't speak on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They need to man, it's just insane to me how a great man such as Malcolm X isn't recognized but I gotta learn about Thomas Edison year in and year out in school...I'm gonna make sure my kids know about Malcolm and mainly because I want them to see the intelligent nature of the man, the power he exuded with just the mere utterence of a word or even a look. Everyone doesn't agree with what he represented but they need to look at his life in parts or chapters not just the things he said in his early years in the Nation.

    ReplyDelete