About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, PA, United States
"I'm a renegade, never been afraid to say what's on my mind at any given time of day"

My Loyal Readers

Facebook Badge

Thursday, June 24, 2010

40 Days Of Budden (#10)

#10 - Downfall
"let me tell you this bout Joe, I only say what I want you to hear, you only see what I want to show"

We are almost there yall, thank yall for riding with me on this for the last 30 days, and now its time for that Top 10 so here goes. This one is a great song and one of his relatively new ones which may or may not be on his next album (you never know with Joe lol). That line under the song/video clip is by far one of my personal favorites of any quote ever because it is how I feel sometimes because people have often questioned me about how much of my life I give to the public through my blogs, youtube channel, tweets, facebook posts etc, but I say it like Joe said I only give you what I WANT to give you. This song has some amazing depth to it and I swear when I 1st got my hands on this one I kept it on repeat for about a week and a half just because everything he was spitting about I related to, well majority at least. He really let loose on this one and spoke for many of us out here in the world going through the motions, and I mean if after listening to this song you are still not a fan you are either a sheer hater or you just need to go listen to some skinny jeans bullshit or something. He dropped some amazing lines in this one, peep:

"last thing i'm tryna be is the good guy now, I ain't never gave a fuck why should I now"

"yall ain't so important that my words are meant for you"

"God chose me to put a lot on my plate so he had to figure I wouldn't be bothered by the weight, i'm trying to change the pattern but it's on loop, even an outcast in my own group"

"i've outgrown hip hop it's turned into a daycare so next time some shit is on my mind it will STAY THERE"

"can't use anything I ever gave you to bury me, you were supposed to be the one to bury me"

2 comments:

  1. When this song hit the interwebs, I played this for days straight... When Joey gets personal with his feelings is what gives me inspiration to write.

    "Like the World’s interrupting my song with an interlude
    can’t you try and see I’m trying to balance out my chemical
    finishing up what you ain't even begin to do"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same thing on my side Cuzzo, and you are right when he give us that personal shit, there is nothing better that's why a majority of the songs I selected were of that magnitude.

    ReplyDelete