About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, PA, United States
"I'm a renegade, never been afraid to say what's on my mind at any given time of day"

My Loyal Readers

Facebook Badge

Friday, June 11, 2010

40 Days Of Budden (#23)

#23 - In My Sleep

"baby girl told me in my sleep I was talking so it's only natural I asked her what I said...she said she woke up when she heard me but she was so damn tired she couldn't make out a word, she said she was trying to see if eventually I would scream the name of a bird I told her that's absurd...and then gave her the face like WORD"

I like this song 1) because I think the beat is ill, kind of demented and a little psychotic so it fits the lyrical content and 2) because the song itself makes me actually think about many dreams I have had that have been so hectic it has probably caused me to either talk in my sleep or do an obscene amount of moving around in the bed. This is another one of those songs where Joe shows not only creativity but also his side that is a little off, but we all have that side only difference is most of us are scared to share it with others in fear of them looking at us differently thus why I respect Budden so much (and I am the same way...FUCK HOW YOU VIEW ME IMMA DO ME). If you really listen to the lyrics, especially in tune with the video which I wish got more attention on these dumb ass music video channels and all that...it blends seamlessly.

"took a walk on the ceiling just to get my mind right, that was yesterday...so in hindsight"

"i went to see a man walking on water and asked if he'll ever get things back in order"

"stuck in a room with an elephant, opened the closet and dapped up my skeleton"

1 comment:

  1. First of all, I see you flipped and got a new background so props to you on that.

    Ahhhh "In My Sleep".. whenever I listen to Padded Room, I start at this track. Not saying that I don't like the entire album, just that this is where things get interesting to me as a listener. This song is dope and the video is nice as well.

    ReplyDelete