About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, PA, United States
"I'm a renegade, never been afraid to say what's on my mind at any given time of day"

My Loyal Readers

Facebook Badge

Monday, June 28, 2010

40 Days Of Budden (#6)

#6 - Good Enough
"make me uncomfortable and you gonna put me in a comfort zone"

Alright yall we are getting closer to that number 1 spot and now we are getting into my FAVORITES, and this one is hands down just great to me because I can't express to you how I feel like this about 75% of the time. I used to post quotes from this song on Twitter all the time when this song 1st came out because I wanted people to not only relate to real shit but to see that Joe was a rare breed of MC that should be highlighted more than he is. Again these types of songs are the main reasons why I respect Joe so much because he can spit those lyrics that honestly really touch people, he digs deep into his honest emotions and puts himself out there to be ridiculed or in my case and the case of many of his true fans loved/admired. I am sure we have all had feelings such as these but how often do you get an MC speaking on them, instead they want to make those bullshit dance songs and use metaphors that mean absolute shit to the masses of us with actual intelligence. I can go on for days about how dope this song is but just listen for yourselves and tell me that you have never felt some of these emotions, that you have never felt like you just weren't good enough...stop being blinded and recognize the truth.

"insensitive, don't waste time trying to tell me what emotions is, i'm emotionless"

"speak up and violence gets mentioned"

"even I don't know what to expect from me, but yall have yet to see the best of me"

That last one means the most to me because that's how I feel, like I can't ever totally predict my own actions but I also know that I haven't even begun to show my best.

2 comments:

  1. We getting close to the finish line Cuzzo.

    "If everyone's impression is wrong then maybe mine is
    Jury's out, but the verdict's in
    Case ain't been heard, so how they murderin him?
    I appear to be arrogant, that's what they instilled in me
    Took it as a weakness when I showed 'em humility
    Insensitive, don't waste time tryin to tell me
    what emotions is - I'm emotionless"

    Great selection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm about to bring it on home Cuzzo

    ReplyDelete