About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, PA, United States
"I'm a renegade, never been afraid to say what's on my mind at any given time of day"

My Loyal Readers

Facebook Badge

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

40 Days Of Budden (#11)

#11 - Fire feat. Busta Rhymes

Well well well I mean yall had to know at some point this joint was going to pop up and here it is..."LET ME JUST MAKE THIS STATEMENT LOUD AND CLEAR JERSEYS HERE"...that line alone had me hooked when I 1st heard this song, well along with the dope beat. Not only was this song ill but the video was dope, good ol house party, A REAL ONE not those make believe video shits you normally see, and in this video you see a little of that funny side of Joe. Busta also came through and repped on this one and added that PUNCH to it, but Joe had my radio and most car radios on smash when this came out. It should have blew a little bit harder but again I blame Def Jam for the lack of a true push cause I heard this joint in the club (one of the rare times I went) and shit was poppin when this came on. But this one always hold a spot in the hearts of the New Jersey faithful because we hadn't really had anyone rep for us after Redman so Joe took the torch and ran with it. Oh and also if you listen to the flow Joe rocked on this song you will begin to understand and appreciate...most people don't give this one a lot of credit but he rocked it perfectly as he always does.

"now rap dudes suck they own pee hole, the wacker the music the bigger the ego"

"all yall songs is the same they cheesy and you wonder why people don't go and spend their change on the weekly"

Yoooooo I just remembered something I used to rock my tees like that, with one underneath matching something in the one on top and then roll one sleeve and I keep the fitted on lean like Budden, all that right there is Jersey SHIT!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Ah yes!!! This shit banged as well cuzzo! But hearing this reminded me of a Joe Budden song that I'm sure will be in the Top 10:

    "Radio hates "Fire" nah they wont try it
    But they love that Rah Digga song that sounds just like it"

    I mean I liked the Rah-Digga track but HOW COULD HAVE RADIO SLEPT ON THIS!!! I MEAN REALLY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah the Digga track was kinda lightweight tough but this one went beyond hard. I mean this right here was the perfect song to me but hey I don't understand radio & label politics so who knows...SMH

    ReplyDelete