About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, PA, United States
"I'm a renegade, never been afraid to say what's on my mind at any given time of day"

My Loyal Readers

Facebook Badge

Saturday, June 5, 2010

"YOU KNOW HOW MANY AIR JORDANS 6 BLACK KIDS WEAR!!!"

Watch this video clip and then see the problem I have with it down below...and this is nothing against Diddy because I rocks with Diddy and it's good to see him branching out into acting because I actually think he is very good at it but this clip bothers me for other reasons....PROCEED


"YOU KNOW HOW MANY AIR JORDANS 6 BLACK KIDS WEAR!!!"

I meant to blog about that whole “Air Jordans” thing awhile ago cause it’s like why do our jokes always have to have african american people just making a bunch of babies and buying “Air Jordans” as Puff said in the movie. 1st of all who the fuck says “yo I’m about to go to Foot Locker to cop the new Air Jordans” so that in itself is far fetched but why couldn’t Puff’s character just say something like “hey I have a wife and 6 kids I have to keep this income coming in” that whole part about the Jordans and "BLACK KIDS" just infuriated me and makes me not even want to see the movie, not that I really wanted to see it anyway. I mean would they ask Brad Pitt to say a line like that or Gerard Butler…that’s some gutterbutt bullshit right there. I’m just sick of the stereotypes like, every movie with a oriental person in it has to be karate based, damn but Tom Cruise is the Last Samurai (Paul Mooney voice)…GTFOH!!! Hopefully you all understand what I mean by this because I just don't get why the line in itself, I think the part that bothered me was it's like why did he have to even include the words "black kids" I mean based on the character we know the color of your children, so is the whole "black kids" statement really necessary??? The 1st part was cool about putting them through school because that shows great positivity and all that but then it lost it's value as a joke as soon as it then went into that "OTHER" arena...and there are many other movies that suffer from this same problem but I just don't have the time nor energy to put it out there right now, I just had to speak on this briefly. I’m sick of that stupid shit and the portrayal of minorities as characters in movies…so “Get Him To The Greek” can GET THE BOZACK!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I never owned a pair of Air Jordans (always thought they were over hyped). That's what we are (as a human race) are boiled down to. Stereotypes. Like in the movie, Diddy's character makes reference to British people living a long time and runs down the list of Rolling Stones, Metallica but left out how Paul McCartney is the only surviving Beatle member living. Sad part is, as long as there are humans, stereotypes will never die.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I know what you mean Cuzzo, I know EXACTLY what you mean my dude...it's just crazy that it's made so blatant no and just accepted so readily just because it's supposed to be all in fun. I mean I even have a problem with a lot of comedians and stuff like that, and I am in no way perfect but come on Hollywood...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cringed when I was in the theater and saw that preview....and he sounded so stupid saying in....its bad enough folks think all we care about as a people already is shoes and cars and clothes..and here we have a prominent figure representing us and he is sounding just as ignorant as the white folk...smh....I know hes getting paper, but at what cost really?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah Goodz i did the same thing and I mean I love Jordans don't get me wrong but they don't have to tell ALL our biz...lol but on the real they could have just left the line at him saying about putting his kids through college that would have been a good look

    ReplyDelete