About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, PA, United States
"I'm a renegade, never been afraid to say what's on my mind at any given time of day"

My Loyal Readers

Facebook Badge

Monday, June 21, 2010

40 Days Of Budden (#13)

#13 - Sacred
This one has and always will be one of my all time favorite Joe Budden songs...it's not the typical song from him and it's another great example of how he is able to go into any realm you need musically. When I 1st heard this, again I was like "man Def Jam is dropping the ball" cause this was and would have been a great single as it touched on some great stuff as well as providing that good ol feel good music for you to ride out in the V with your miss. I used to listen to this and be like "man I know exactly what he means" and then the song in itself is just amazing, beat, content, chorus, etc no way he would have lost with this one...I know I kept this on steady repeat, shit STILL DO!!!

"is it my New York swag or my Jerz style"

"and I won't try to impress you by icing out your wrist and your neck cause when the captain is material the ship gets wrecked"

2 comments:

  1. Wow.. I never heard this track before. This was a nice track from Joey. Def Jam gave a lot of these wack artist attention and here is someone who's actually good and they drop the ball like Tyler Perry drops pants.. Pause.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha how u gonna put Tyler on blast like that cuzzo LMAO the wound is still fresh I dont think we should be going in on him yet. But yeah man a lot of people aren't up on this one, it was a dope joint to me, I don't even know how I heard it, wait nevermind I remember I used to sit on limewire and just pull up Joe Budden to get all his new music when I was living down south cause niggas wasn't up on him properly in the A during my 3 years there

    ReplyDelete