About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, PA, United States
"I'm a renegade, never been afraid to say what's on my mind at any given time of day"

My Loyal Readers

Facebook Badge

Monday, June 14, 2010

40 Days Of Budden (#20)

#20 - Number 1
Well thanks for riding along for the first 20 in the countdown folks as we have now reached the half way point and time to kick it up a notch. I have had so much fun doing these and taking my fellow Joe Budden fans (as well as new ones) along for the ride. This was one of the very 1st songs I heard from him due to the fact that it was the 1st song after the intro on his album, and this one always gives me that nostalgic feeling due to the lyrical contetnt. Took me back to when I was a kid and remembered all those great times of my life...this song was a great look, see how many lines you can relate to...lol

"I remember breakdancing, carboard and blackflips...the royal blue and the orange Patricks"

"i remember way back when every clan was stylin Flava Flav clocks and X-Clan medallions, in class see a girl you glance at her pass her a note do you like me circle the answer"

"the 8-Ball jackets and Columbia rain suits, we ain't pay mind to the length of our chain, Transformers was a dance Decepticons was a gang"

"back to Ron G. tapes, back to Black Sheep"

"i'm talking old Bobby Brown before he thugged Whitney, I used to bring all my toys in the tub with me...a snotty nose kid eating boogers it was Ultimate Warrior and Jimmy Fly Snuka"

And then he just killed it at the end because I remember that drink he was talking about at the very end, he I think it was called Tropical Fantasy and I remember around the way everyone was like "yo the KKK owns that company and they are trying to poison us", but damn all that them shits was like $0.50 cent a bottle and it was like a 20 oz jumpoff...LMAO

2 comments:

  1. I feel as though Joey caught a raw deal on this album. Me personally, I thought this was a great album. Number 1 is a great lead off track.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo this 1st album was a hip hop classic to me, heads always want to run around yelling about "CLASSIC" well here they go

    ReplyDelete